Hey guys. As we get bigger, we need more people to watch out for spammers, sock puppets, etc. I would like to have an election for chat moderators, rollbacks, and admins. 1 user will be chosen for admin, 2 for chatmod, and 1 for rollback.
What are rollbacks, chatmods, and admins?
Rollback - Users with the "rollback" permission are able to undo bad edits with one click, by using the rollback link on diff pages, user contributions list, or the list of recent changes.
Chatmod - Chat moderators are users who have chat moderator status in chat in order to moderate a wiki's chat room. They are able to block users from chat, which will kick a user out of the chat and ban them from returning until a chat moderator or an admin removes "Banned from chat" at Special:UserRights.
Admin - Administrators (or "Admins") are trusted users, who are generally chosen by the community and also have access to the following tools:
- they have all privileges from the chat moderator and rollback groups and also have the ability to:
- delete and undelete pages, as well as delete images or files (it is not possible to undelete images or files).
- lock (protect) a page so it cannot be edited or renamed by users without adminship privileges.
- block users who are vandalising the wiki from editing.
- grant and revoke chat moderator rights.
- edit the wiki's skin and format.
- edit MediaWiki pages.
- NOTE: Decriptions of positions directly from http://community.wikia.com/wiki/Help:User_access_levels.
If you would like to run, please add your username, at least 3 reasons why you should be a rollback, chatmod, or admin and 1 recommendation from a user, if you're running for rollback, 3 for chatmod, and 5 for admin, to this page. You also have to have been on this Wiki for at least 2 weeks with at least 25 edits for rollback, 50 for chatmod, and the admin will be decided by Yours Truly, because it's one of the most coveted positions on a wiki.